Left: unopened package. Right: Dyed, spun-up yarn. You can't really see it on camera- I tried- but it has a nice mottled purple look.
Left: one of the alpaca-tussah sample fibres. Right: I'm making a two-single ball to ply from.
Left: the whole 4 ounces of roving. Right: The grey roving dyed purple. Hard to capture, but I promise it's a lovely stormy colour.
So, I loved the purchases I made here. Do keep in mind however, that the listing photos are not super accurate of the product you get: they are a little washed out. The brown and grey rovings I got are both very rich, deep colours. The alpaca-tussah sample does look closer to the listing photo, but more pink in real life.
Anyway, summary points of North Star Alpacas:
- fast shipping: both days I got the shipping notification only an hour after ordering
- excellent packaging: fiber not matted or pressed too much, plus little freebie and moth-deterrent sachet
- caring seller, communicates well to customers
- photos belie the rich colour quality of the product
- introduced me to Phat Fiber with the "thank you for buying" message!
- Will buy again, whenever I need alpaca! I'm already eyeing the fleeces in her shop!